Laura Simmons provides selective Physical Therapy services designed to efficiently and effectively address issues with structural alignment, joint and soft tissue balance, and functional stability.
Laura offers gentle, one-on-one, personalized care and is committed to assisting you in your return to optimal health.
The following clinically relevant issues that limit your standard function and daily performance in life can be addressed with classic modalities as well as non-traditional hands-on techniques.
- Acute injury and pain (inflammatory phase)
- Subacute pain (tissue healing phase)
- Chronic pain (persistent >4 months)
- Cumulative Trauma, bursitis, tendinitis
- Loss of Joint Range of Motion
- Loss of strength
- Misalignment/biomechanical dysfunction of joints, spine, pelvis
- Muscle Spasm
- Pre-preganacy preparation
- Pre-natal and post-natal support
- Pre-surgical preparation
- post-trauma without surgical repair
- head to toe assessment of biomechanical and soft tissue alignment and function to correct a specific diagnosis, functional decline or to enhance physical comfort and performance.
- Gunn IMS:
- dry needling techniques to address neuropathic changes (supersensitivity, pain, weakness, skin changes) that occur from persistent pressure to spinal nerve roots
- Manual Therapy (see resources links)
- including but not limited to Craniosacral work, Myofascial release, IMT and Lowen techniques, Neuromuscular Release and Neuromotor Balancing, Strain-counterstrain, Visceral Manipulation
- Functional Activity and Postural Retraining
- retraining efficient movement patterns to improve and maintain optimal performance
- Electrical stimulation, ultrasound
- Neuromuscular reeducation
- retraining nervous system response to movement and joint function
- Therapeutic Exercise
- specific exercises to restore balance, ROM, strength